Saturday, March 5, 2011

What Can I Do With A 7x9 Inch Piece Of Paper?

Alot!
One of my favorite finds on ebay was a vintage 1950s Mongomery Ward wallpaper sampler book.
The book is an odd size, only measuring about 7.5"x9".
Flipping through the book, I came across a very pretty green paper,
and being March, the month for showing your green,
I thought this paper was perfect for next week's ATC swap.

After finishing my 3 ATCs (I've only given you a glance at these, you'll have to wait until Tuesday for close-ups), I thought the paper was too pretty to throw into my scrap pile,
and so, a new challenge was born.
How could I use the whole piece of paper?
How many projects could I make with leaving the least possible waste?

The answer: 8, that's right 8 projects from one 7.5x9 inch piece of vintage wallpaper!

project no.1:  "princesse" pendant - using a scrap of the wallpaper, an acrylic tag, diamond glaze, image from PaperWhimsy, vintage paper, vintage lace, and silk ribbon

project no. 2: "MERCI" thank you card - using the wallpaper, antique French text, PaperWhimsy image, card blank, and zig-zag stitching

project no. 3: "faith grace joy" tag - using the wallpaper, manila shipping tag, Character Constructions stamp, paper roses, vintage millinery, silk ribbon, chalk, glitter, and zig-zag stitching

project no. 4: "DREAM" wall hanging - using the wallpaper, wood board, Character Constructions stamp, silk ribbon, chalk, antique key, and fastener

project no. 5: vintage clothes clip - using the wallpaper, vintage wood clothes pin (clip style), and silk ribbon

project nos. 6, 7, & 8: ATCs (check back Tuesday for details)

note: with the tiniest bits, I punched hearts for the envelope that goes with the thank you card above

I had such fun, have you challenged yourself today?

enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly


3 comments:

Createology said...

This is a great use of every tidbit of paper. How creative your art and how you made such a variety. Fabulous!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love how you made SO many fun paper crafts with one piece of pretty paper!
Happy Weekend.
Warmly,
deb

Joanna said...

Brilliant use of that gorgeous paper - you are the Queen of thrift! Really beautiful projects.

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...