Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Little Late, But Thought I Would Share

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas,
filled with love, laughter, and JOYful memory-making.

Today, I would like to share my family room decorations.

Earlier this year we began some renovation and redecorating projects to bring some vintage character to our 7 year old home.

The family room is most complete.
(please ignore the doggie bed in this picture)

I have been collecting vintage frames for 10+ years,
but this is the first time any of them have made it onto a wall.

This little sitting area was the most difficult to decorate.
It is an awkward spot between the kitchen and family room.
The turquoise table is a flea market find of my mothers'.
It was in our living room when I was a child.
I changed the color and found a marble table top which fit it perfectly.

View of the room from one angle.
Do you like the black hole
that the TV creates?
yikes!!! 

Here it is from the other angle.
No black hole. 

I found wrapping paper to coordinate with the room.
The pretty little owl tags were made using an image from

I love these sweet French baskets.
Their only downfall is they are embroidered
"pain"
which works wonderfully for French "bread" baskets,
but questionable as Christmas decor.

Night starts to fall.

The candles are turned on.
(I have a cat,
no open flames allowed)

My favorite vintage ornament find.

Wishing you a warm and wonderful winter.

I hope to share more tomorrow.

enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly



15 comments:

Joanna said...

How BEAUTIFUL! And the doggy bed makes it 'home'.

Love those frames, what a simple and stunning idea.

x

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your home is gorgeous and I love all the winter and Christmas decorating touches.

xo,
Danielle

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

do you want to come to Indiana and decorate my house....i luv urs....
ur decorations are lovely...hugs
tabitha

Dorthe said...

Kimberly, what a beautiful home- I love the blue,and nature tones together-and your trees and other decorations, are gorgeous.Thanks for showing.
Hugs,Dorthe

Artfully Musing said...

Everything is so lovely!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

LOVE your HOME! The color is pretty! It doesn't look like a 7 year new home! Can't wait to see more!
Warmly,
deb

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Very lovely room--so glad you shared it. Love the vintage frames. What color are the walls? I need to know--it is lovely!:)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely photos. So homey and beautiful colors. I always hate to see the holidays end, love all the ways people decorate.
You've come up with a lot of wonderful character in your home. Enjoy.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

Your home is beautiful....I love the colors you used in there...and with the wooden floors and those cozy rugs...very relaxing and charming....you did a fantastic job!
Big hugs,
Queenie

Cynthia Patterson said...

what a wonderfully peaceful room.

Jane said...

How lovely - it's so YOU! Love the yummy, soft colors - the beautifully color-coordinated gift wrap - the little candlelit vignette - oh, I love it all! Hope you'll show more! Christmas doesn't end until Jan. 6, you know!

Unknown said...

Kim, your home is gorgeous....I remember loving it way back when you first moved in and had class there...Happy Holidays to you and your family...
xoxo
laura

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

For anyone else interested in the paint color, it is Martha Stewart's River Mist from the Home Depot. I am always happy to share my sources, feel free to ask.
enJOY a beautiful day,
Kimberly

Lynn Stevens said...

kimberly, Everything is just gorgeous, The vinage frames are a great find,look awesome on your wall. The trees, the packages with the owl tags, everything so well planned. Thank you for inviting us into your beautiful home.
Wishing you a New Year of Health, Happiness and lots of creative time.
Hugs Lynn

Lizzie Barbie said...

Beautiful pictures. You are blessed to live in such a beautiful house!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...