Tuesday, April 3, 2012

About ATC Swaps

ATCs or Artist Trading Cards
are small works of art
created for the purpose of swapping
with other artists.
Due to their petite size
(3.5 x 2.5 inches)
they allow the artist
the freedom to explore new techniques
without the commitment of a larger piece.

Swappers are welcome to use any media they choose,
but do keep to the size requirement.
You may opt to make 6 of the same ATCs
or 6 different,
the choice is yours.

My swaps are open to
all experienced or novice artists.

My swaps are 6/6,
you create 6 ATCs,
send them to me,
and you receive ATCs from 6 other artists in return.

You have 3 weeks from the time I announce a new swap,
to create and mail your ATCs.
I ask that you keep to the mailing deadline.

$3.00 must be included with your swap,
if you do not include postage,
I will be forced to remove your ATCs from the swap.
Please include exactly $3.00,
I do not keep records to refund any over payment.

International swappers are welcome,
please contact me for details.

If your ATCs do not meet the guidelines,
it will be necessary to remove them from the swap.
It is not fair to other artists who have followed the rules.

Please use a heavy weight base for your ATCs,
card stock or scrapbook paper alone is not sufficient.
I use a heavy weight water color paper,
but you are free to use whatever you like.

Feel free to use dimensional embellishments,
but be sure they are properly adhered,
and also,
be aware that I will mail the swaps in an envelope,
which may or may not be padded.

To sign up for a swap,
simply comment on the swap announcement post,
be sure to include your email.

I will post a new button
every time I announce a new swap.
Feel free to grab the button for your sidebar,
and please link back to my homepage.

For a little history lesson,
search Wikipedia for
Artist Trading Cards.

I am always here to answer questions,
do not hesitate to ask.


Looking forward to swapping with you!

enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...