Thursday, March 28, 2013

Finally, A New Swap!

The rules are different for this swap,
and there are a lot of them,
so please read carefully.
 
"The Fabric Of Nature"
ATC Swap
 
This will be a 12-4-12 swap.
 
Only the first 11 to sign up will be guaranteed a spot,
others will be wait listed.
 
ATCs are DUE in my hands no later than MAY 9TH,
that is 6 weeks from today.
 
Domestic shipping is $6.00,
as I will be using small flat rate boxes to return the swaps.
I will only accept Paypal or cash,
NO CHECKS.
 
International swappers are welcome,
but word of warning,
International shipping from the US has doubled
and in some cases tripled since last year.
Payment will be made through Paypal only.
 
 
Now that the administrative duty is finished,
a little about the ATCs:
 
The standard base measurement of ATCs must be
2.5 x 3.5 inches,
little bits dangling off the edges are acceptable.
 
NO PAPER is to be used in this swap.
Fabric, felt, lace, basically any textiles are acceptable.
Images must be printed on fabric.
 
You may use color,
but I ask that you keep colors soft, faded, vintage-like.
 
Your 12 ATCs do not have to be the same,
but it is perfectly fine if they are.
 
Interpret the nature theme however you like,
land, sea. air,
animal, vegetable, mineral...
 
ALWAYS do your BEST work,
and remember to autograph the reverse side.
 
 
Finally,
once you receive your swap returns,
do something with them and share.
Suggestions:
create a collage,
garland,
mini fabric book,
whatever.
Send me a photo of your completed piece,
and I will create a post sharing all of your wonderful ideas.
 
 
If I have left anything out, or something is unclear,
 simply leave a comment and I will answer it in the comments' section.
 
Sign-up by leaving a comment here and
feel free to grab my button to help spread the word.
 
enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

19 comments:

Lululiz said...

I tried really hard to resist, because we are going to France for a couple of months, but I can't! Sign me up. There. Said it. ;-)

Uniquely Ella said...

Great swap, fabric and nature got to love it. Please sign me up. Thanks for hosting!
xxx
Marlene

Kim Gillian said...

Yay! Count me in. I have been wanting to work with fabric, this swap will be fun!

Amy B said...

YES! Please sign me up. My heart did a little leap when I saw your post and the nature-driven theme. I know I'm blogless (or my blog is blank), but I'll post to Flickr and MAYBE this will be the swap that gets me to actually blog! Kimberly, your ATC swaps are top-notch. - Amy Bauer

Unknown said...

This is totally out of my comfort zone and very challenging to me.
I can not resist...sign me up!!

Happy Crafting
Tracie

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

ATC's are not my thing BUT working with fabric is and I love the theme so I cannot pass this up!!!!

xo
Marsha

Dorthe said...

Oh Kimberly your nature piece tags are so beautiful,- how I wish I had time--but 12 is too much now when summer is close and I have to sew for the shop....also I`m in the middle of my first book and want to finish it before too long!
I have to resist dear friend.
Hugs,Dorthe

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

oh my how creative! I could see that old wedding dress hiding from the scissors:)
can we stamp an image on the fabric?
I would love to be a part of this swap Kim....
XOXO Karla

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Okay ladies, we still have room for 4 more!

Amy mentioned not having a blog, that should never stop anyone from joining in, all are welcome!

Karla had a great question about stamping on fabric, great idea and totally acceptable for this swap!

I love that a couple of you have mentioned "stepping out of your zone." that was the idea;-)

enJOY a lovely night my friends,
Kimberly

Maggie said...

Hi Kim--Sign me up, please!! I've been itching to do a swap for a while now, and yours it is!

P.S. the cards I ordered from you arrived and are SO wonderful...I love them!

Maggie
www.themagrag.com

my cup of tea said...

This will be very interesting for me. Soooo please sign me up!
Thanks!
~Donna~

Pandora said...

I would love to be included as well please!

Carolyn

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Still room for one more!
This is going to be a wonderful swap for sure!
wishing you all a lovely weekend
& Blessed Easter,
Kimberly

Jewels said...

Am I too late - would love to join! Jewels

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Room for one more and I will be accepting wait list sign-ups.
-Kimberly

Becs said...

Please count me in! Becs

Kimberly at ArtJoyStuff said...

Okay, that's 12!
If you would like to sign-up for the wait-list, you are welcome to do so. In the event that someone drops out I will contact anyone on the wait list. Also, if there is enough interest, I will consider putting a second group together.
enJOY a lovely Easter,
Kimberly

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Hi Kim,

I sent you an email, not sure if you've seen it, it may have gone in your spam :)

xo
Marsha

fairie said...

darn, i missed this. will take a spot if someone drops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...