Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Inspiration, With A Little Help From My Friends

Sometimes, my swapping friends include little gifts with their ATCs,
(although totally unnecessary, still, very much appreciated).

This beautiful piece of lace was tucked into the envelope that Manu sent from Germany.
I know it is difficult to see, 
but it is the background piece onto which I built this collage,
all of the lovely edging details are still visible on the finished piece.

The lace piece arrived in a crisp white color,
I knew that I wanted to do something to change it.
I thought about my go-to coffee bath.

Then I spied the beautiful floral spray that Maggie had packed in with her ATCs,
and knew immediately in what direction to proceed.

I used a spray dye on the lace,
added a Paper Whimsy girl,
and sorted through my purple stash for embellishments.

I love when an un-plan comes together.

enJOY a lovely today my friends!



10 comments:

Nancy said...

Just beautiful. Purple was surely the way to go with this piece.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Just beautiful, stunning really, and so creative. I'm hoping to absorb some of your talent through osmosis on my visits here.

:) Pam

Dorthe said...

And this is the most beautiful un-plan dear Kim.
The fantastic lace from Manu, has got a most beautiful tone of lillac, and your image and the flowers and seambindings are perfect on top of it. I love you added the heart to the sweet girl, and the ear ring to the flowerbouquet !!
Such a beautiful spring hanger .
Have a wonderful Easter, my dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

Amy B said...

Bee-autiful! Great work. It is fun to use the bits and bobs from fellow artisans to create a finished piece!
-Amy B

Nancy's Notes said...

What a special gift and precious piece of lace. What a lovely piece of art you have created! So nice!

Nancy

Maggie said...

Love your beautiful lilac-colored creation! All the purples come together beautifully. Glad you could use the floral sprig I tucked in my last package....BUT, full disclosure, I do believe that little spray originally came from Amy B., in another ATC swap you had. I had it on my worktable and thought I'd send it along to you, not sure where I got it from. Then the other day was looking thru some photos I had taken of the "Tea in the Garden" swap, and sure enough, there was that sprig, next to the card I received from Amy! So, I guess it went full circle back to you...so glad you found such a pretty way to put it to use!! I thought the felt-y rubber-y texture of the long skinny leaves was so unique.

Anyway, my sweet package of Fairy Garden ATCs arrived safe and sound today (that was fast!), and all are darling. Thanks for the little treat bag of crafting goodies. I'm making a wedding card today for a niece, so the cut-out white flowers you included are going to get used right away on it!

The Junque Seeker said...

So pretty! What a perfect mix of lovely bits and pieces.

Jane said...

That's so pretty! Love the colors and all the beautiful lacy parts!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

What a gorgeous creation Kimberly! I love the purple!

Createology said...

Truly beautiful and how special to be able to create with treasures received from swap friends. Purple is such a Royal color. Easter Blessings Dear...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...