Friday, July 21, 2017

Send A Smile 4 Kids - day 5 of 5 share

Whether I am creating cards to give
or Christmas ornaments for my Etsy shop,
the design process is usually the most time consuming.

That's why it makes sense to tweak a design just enough to make 2 or more unique cards.
That's what I did with the hot air balloons and sweet foxes above.
The first versions of each have been recreated a second time as shaker cards.
(hot air balloon die: Brenda Walton/Sizzix; fox stamps: lawn fawn)

I am working on my coloring skills,
still trying out markers, pencils, watercolors, inks for stamping, papers...
There is so much more to it than I thought.

They say practice makes perfect.
I am not hoping for perfect,
I just do not want to cringe when I look at a finished image.
(the underwater stamps are also by lawn fawn,
the seaweed dies are actually a floral die set I purchased from PeachyCheap.com)

Thanks for visiting me this week as I shared my first crafting love,
card (tags too) making.

Visit

happy weekend hugs,
Kim

4 comments:

rush said...

Each card is a work of art. There is a little bit of a commitment when it comes to a card. Other projects require so much more thought for me, so making cards is a way to start the creative flow. It's wonderful that you are making them for a cause.

Createology said...

Sweet cards and your creative designs are a true labor of love. It is so heartwarming that you are creating these cards for such a worthy cause. Blessings Dear Kim...<3

ornate splendor said...

These are all just beautiful, Kimberly. It is evident that you put much time, love and talent into each card!
Catherine

Seahorse Ranch Girl said...

Your cards are lovely, all of them. I didn't know about this card program; they must be thrilled with your work. Thanks for sharing. Charlotte

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...