Saturday, June 16, 2018

Stash To Treasure Saturday #7


Welcome to 
Stash To Treasure Saturday #7!
Every week I will dust off some long overlooked 
item(s) from my stash
and create something new.

This week I am sharing a big, fun project.
This accordion book and tags (actually this is a second book,
so the colors are different than the one I used)
were from Cosmo Cricket,
part of a large craft kit purchased on QVC
(if I remember correctly).
I don't think they even make paper products anymore,
but I did find the kit on Ebay.
Just search "Cosmo Cricket crafting kit,"
and be ready for sticker shock.

I used a lot of other items that have been around my studio for years,
I will try to point them out as we go through the photos.

I created a boho junk journal of sorts.
Some of the older product used on the cover include:
wood mount Anna Griffin stamps for the background,
number ephemera from K&Co were used here and throughout the book
 
the background paper was by Basic Grey,
the ink bottle ephemera was K&Co

Most of the paper used for tags and pocket stuffers is
Cigar Box Secrets from Prima Marketing (2014),
not super old, but definitely my all time favorite Prima line.
I may have been working from the 3rd paper pad purchased from this line.

These butterflies were fussy cut from (I believe) more K&Co 

The tags are blank on the reverse side
leaving plenty of room for photos and journaling.

Vintage lace snippets have been used throughout.

This is a cute little flip book with room for plenty of journaling.

The flip side of these journaling cards are blank too.


I used a very old sheet of stickers throughout the book
(see the banners and label on this page)
I want to say they were by Basic Grey,
but I am not sure.

 I even used up the last of these beige pearls,
which were purchased for a special order years ago.

This is a small matchbox album,
it was a kit from Basic Grey.

It was intended to be used as a mini photo album,
there are a number of pages.

There were so many more old bits 
 that were used in the making of this piece,
but honestly I cannot remember who made them.

(Note: the people and most of the words are from Tim Holtz)

Thanks so much for visiting.
I hope I have inspired you to dig through those drawers and cubbies to find your newest treasure.

Please leave a comment.
At the end of the month,
I will announce a random winner
of a special gift.
(only one comment per post will be entered).

happy hugs,
Kim

11 comments:

Teah said...

They are all beautiful!

Nancy Wethington said...

I adore every single little bit of this. The assemblage is perfect with the papers you chose to use. What a delightful junque journal!

Dorthe said...

Oh Kim, this is amazing, so gorgeous pages and tags, and love all the colorful elements you have added, Tim`s people and the Boho vintage style you used through the book- what a fantastic creation, using up, some of your older materials, my dear.
Happy Saturday Kim- Hugs from me.

Amy said...

WOW. What a work of HeART. Just wonderful!

ann barnes said...

Kim, this is such a beautiful “junk” journal! I recently began going through my stash to get organized and set a goal to use more of the awesome pieces I have “collected” over time. The way your piece came together so beautifully is inspiring indeed! If you enter any of your work into challenges, I am sure this would be admired by many over at the mini album makers challenge. It’s so well done and beautiful. Hugs, Ann

Kim Budash said...

Great, great piece of at, I love all that you do!!

Jackie PN said...

Kim!!!! You are rocking using up your stashes this way!
This is gorgeous! Every element of it- and did I say I just LOVE the palette? Beautiful!
I so wish you could have made this years retreat-maybe next year?

Hey, would/could you put in a Follow by Email widget? I hate missing your posts!")
have a super Monday
Jackie xo

Jackie PN said...

ps...did I tell you? I wanna play art with you! ")

fairie said...

OMG!! This is so pretty!! All the colors go so well together.

Jackie PN said...

Kim, your Boho journal is just luscious!! I do,I do,I Do! love every detailed page in there! And that cover....Wow!
Hugs,Jackie xx

ps thank you so much for the Follow link! Yay!!
no missing posts for me!

Joan W said...

I love this idea, so much on each page. Love it. Thanks for sharing. Joan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...