Thursday, April 4, 2019

Thrifty Thursday Crafting

I purchased these 3 items on a recent trip to Dollar Tree.

While the bunny faces are cute,
they aren't really my thing.
A little nail polish remover made quick work of erasing most of the image.
There was still a "ghost" in the face area,
so I used the back side of the eggs.
The eggs were much cleaner,
I feel it was worth doing this step.

Paint the clay pots with any acrylic paint.

This is what I used.

It took 2 coats of paint,
followed by a light sanding to get the look I was after.

Hot glue the paper shreds around the edge of the pots 
to make a nest.

Glue the eggs into the center of the nests.
I used Thickers glitter letters by American Crafts
to spell J O Y on the eggs,
and decorated the O with a bit of excelsior and a velvet pansy.

Happy JOYful Spring!

hugs,
Kim


1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

Such a cute idea, I had to pin it on Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...