Friday, May 14, 2010

Vintage Hankie Flower Heart Pillow - Tuesday Treasure #14

Vintage hankie, hand crochet doily, rhinestone button, reused quilt, and antique chandelier crystal (difficult to see) were used to create this pretty hanging heart.
The flower could not be simpler to make. Cut strips off opposite ends of vintage floral hankie. Run gathering stitch along raw edge of first and add second strip, both strips should be gathered on the same thread. Pull to gather and tie off. Sew doily and button to center of ruffled hankie, and there you have it.
I have a stash of vintage hankies that I think I will be tapping into for more of these flowers.
Check out the "It's Tuesday, I Must Be Junking" post to see the before pic of the hankie.
enJOY Your Blessings,Kimberly



1 comment:

Something Special said...

This hankie heart is so darn cute. I received my package from you yesterday. Wow, I am absolutely loving your tags, and extra vintage trims. And the way you packaged it all up is just to die for. Thankyou thankyou so much. But I am feeling like it was a bit uneven, and I did not send you much extra. I am learning more and more about the blog swappin thing and I will get better at it. Check out my blog later on, I will be posting all your goodies for everyone to enjoy. Did you stamp the Alice image on the large button? Very cool! love Ya Michele

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...