Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I'm Dreaming Of A Retro Christmas

I love collecting and using vintage retro Christmas bits and bobs.  These treasures from the 40s, 50s and 60s bring back my fondest memories.

Throughout my childhood and into my 20s, Christmas eve was truly the most wonderful, magical night of the year.  We would spend every night before Christmas at my grandma and granddad's home.

There was the smell of fresh baking from the kitchen, Christmas tunes playing on the revolving tree stand, the glow of lowered house lights and twinkling tree lights, and best of all the love.

I have often told anyone who will listen that I was blessed with the best grandparents ever.  They are both gone many years now, but I will feel their presence in my heart always.

Wishing You Merry Memories!
enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a touching post, I have fond memories of my Grandma's and some of the sweetest things they passed on to my mom. I love all your vintage goodies!

Jill said...

YES to vintage/retro Christmas!!

I just decorated my mantle in nothing but old knee-hugger elves, vintage angels, and flocked Santas. It's so much fun isn't it?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...