Friday, December 30, 2011

A Few Last Glimpses Of Christmas 2011

The dining room is set for the younger generation's Christmas dinner.
The Santa and sleigh over the mirror is a fillet crochet piece I did years ago.
The dishes are Mikasa Holly,
which my Mom-in-law has gifted me each Christmas,
I have a full service now.
Both tables (the "adult" and "kids" - almost all the kids are of legal age, but they are still our kids)
were set with silver flatware from both of my grandmothers.
This tablecloth was an antiquing find.
It still had it's original labels and was in perfect condition.
I love that it works for Christmas without being a Christmas tablecloth.

This is part of my Santa collection.
My favorite is the first on the left,
it is Santa from
A Nightmare Before Christmas.
I love him most because my sister found him a few Christmases ago on ebay.
My sister does not do antiques or ebay,
but she loves me that much.

This angel is a year round decoration.
At Christmas he holds my little angel in a bell ornament.
"Every time a bell rings
an angel gets his wings."

I keep my little village collecting contained in this beautiful terrarium,
a birthday gift from my parents,
the light up church and several of the other pieces inside were also from them.

Our front parlor,
or as we call it "our morning coffee room,"
has an electric fire place.
The angel above the fireplace was a gift of my Mom and Dad's making.
Mom's design, and Dad's woodworking.
They used old wood from the shed in the yard of my childhood home.

Oldest son made this sweet watercolor in cub scouts many Christmases ago.

This one has no sentimental value,
just for giggles.
At Christmas, I add this silly girl to the wreath that I keep on the inside of our front door all year.

We had a Merry,
hope you did too.

enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly

12 comments:

Joanna said...

What a happy peek into your festive home. Your decorations are fun, and your parents are very clever - I lOVE that angel.

We had a wonderful Christmas.

Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and healthy 2012.

xx

Createology said...

Wonderful decorations to enjoy. May you have a blissful and creative 2012. Champagne Hugs...

kathy said...

Kimberly , this room is a s beautiful as the last -- Thanks for sharing -- KAthy - ga ♥

Unknown said...

Your decor is lovely!! I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

Sandy xox

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Such a beautiful house. I love the ornament collection. Happy New Year!

The Altered Bee said...

Everything is beautiful!

Linda said...

just stopping to say Happy New Year. wishing you much success in 2012. i have enjoyed your shops and my friends enjoyed your handmade beauties. thank you for the good service and the fun of giving such beautiful gifts. blessings

Cheryl said...

Hi Kimberly,
Just wanted to pop in and wish you and your family a HAPPY and SAFE New Year!! Looking forward to spending more time reading your blog in the New Year!
You Christmas decorations are lovely! Thank you for sharing your home with us!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
xoxox
Cheryl;-)

Terri said...

Happy New Year Kimberly!
May this year bring you all kinds of good things!
Your home looks gorgeous, and all your ornaments and decorations are beautiful.
Hugs,
Terri

Lizzie Barbie said...

I love the filet Santa a ton. All the pictures are great, love the blog. New follower.

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i enjoyed my visit to your home. i love how you are surrounded with lovely things that have stories of their own. happy new year!

Uniquely Ella said...

WOW Kimberly, I just saw this old post. You have a lovely home, thanks for giving us thispeek into your home.I love it all specially the mirrow with the lace and banner, gorgeous. Can' wait to see your decor this year.
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...