Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Very First Round Robin!


 
 
I am very excited to share that I am participating in my very first
Round Robin Journal Swap
with the Kindred-Souls-Art-Group.
 
For anyone not familiar with a round robin,
it begins with each artist choosing their own theme
(mine is Shabby Vintage Blue)
and creating their journal.
I used a vintage book cover,
filled with water color paper signatures,
which I bound using hand dyed seam binding.
 
Once we have created our journal
we send it off to the next person on the list.
As we receive each journal,
we work on one page in the owner's theme,
and then send that journal off to the next person.
We always send to the same person.
There are 12 artists in this group,
so these journals should be something special when done.
 
I will be sharing my journey on this new adventure,
as I create pages in other's journals,
and by sometime late this year,
I will be able to share my completed journal.
 
enJOY Your Blessings,
Kimberly
 
 
 

10 comments:

HeARTworks said...

How fascinating! and what a wonderful project! I would be quite terrified to mess up another person's beautiful journal though! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Anonymous said...

Have been wanting to do something like this with a journal and other bloggers ever since I participated in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Apron. Your cover looks great.
Enjoy.
Marcia

Dorthe said...

I alwayes loved the idea of the Round Robin, having read about it for many years ago,---- only about a doll.
Your book looks wonderfully springlike, and so lovely- how exiting for you, my dear.
Hugs,Dorthe

kandeland said...

you will have a blast with it i'm sure! can't wait to see what you do. xo natalea

JoAnne said...

You will love this journey Kimberly! I've participated in quite a few and what a treat when that journal comes home. Enjoy!

Pam said...

Hi Kim, so glad we are blogging buddies once again and that you are following! I am following your blog with my new name...Your journal is amazing, best of luck in the round robin! xo Pam

Diane said...

What a fun idea! Have a great time with it!

Createology said...

Now this journal in vintage blues is my heartthrob. I shall enjoy seeing your progress as you create in each of the participating journals. Uber fun! Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Holly Moore said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see more.

my cup of tea said...

Do you hand dye your own seam binding? I would love to know more about this process, I cant find enough colors.
~Donna~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...