Friday, February 23, 2018

6 Months In The Making...

Warning!!!
Lots of pictures with this one!

This pink fabric and lace journal
was a project I began last summer.

As often happens,
it was set aside.

I stumbled across the unfinished journal just last month.

It was in a bin of pink bits,
which I was sorting for the kits I have been working on.

After some embellishing,
it was finally finished.

Although,
is a project like this ever really complete?

Every page is perfectly pink.

The images have all been printed on fabric.

The materials are a mix of vintage and new.

Together with the color pink,
the heart/love quotes are the common thread throughout.

As are the sweet little girl photos.

I love these embroidered flowers that I used as photo corners.

There are even a few cards of additional lace and trims.

A vintage metal frame hangs on one page.

There is very little machine sewing,
as I did mostly hand stitching.

The tiny locket on this page
has been left empty.
Perhaps waiting for a special photo or
even a secret message to be hidden away inside.

This adorable kitten and a vintage quilt block fill the last page.

The back cover has been left unembellished.

If you have stuck it out this far,
I thank you very much.

I will be making this available for purchase very soon.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend.
hugs,
Kim

9 comments:

Fonda said...

The girls' pictures are beautiful, and your embellishments are exquisite.

Teah said...

OMG it is divine!❤️ Thank you for sharing.

Dorthe said...

Oh it is gorgeous dear Kim- so many beautiful pages , with the most lovely details, and I love much is handsewn. Also love the fabric prints - the words, the many laces - just so very pretty and so amazing.
Kim can I ask you how you print onto paper..... my new printer simply will not take the fabric through , dosent matter how I try !!!!
This is a book you will love forever , dear friend-
Hugs from me. and kisses !! -

The Junque Seeker said...

Such a lovely book! It's a lucky soul who will have this to treasure.
I've made two pink fabric journals for friends, and have the makings in a bin for one for myself but have yet to start it. You've given me new inspiration!

krcmasterpiece said...

Your book is beautiful! Love all the lace and special items.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

BEAUTIFUL !!!
DEB

Ivy said...

A gorgeous work of art!

Ivy said...

A gorgeous work of art!

Lululiz said...

I am so glad you finished it and showed it to us, it is so charming! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...