Thursday, May 16, 2019

Thrifty Thursday

I am trying my best to keep to a self-imposed spending freeze 
and use the products in my stash,
but the craft and hobby manufacturers are fighting me every step of the way.

I love all of the modern farmhouse inspired paper collections out there now,
and have come close to clicking the purchase button quite a few times.

I took a close look at some of those collections
and thought that I might be able to put something comparable together from supplies I already have.

So I gathered papers,
stamps,
washi,
ribbon and trims,
and a load of bits.

It feels great to keep my frugal promise to myself in this way.

I have already been creating with this "kit,"
and will be sharing some of my finished projects over the next few weeks.

I admit that I may have more crafty goods than the average bear,
but I hope that no matter how large or small your stash is,
this little journey can help inspire you to do the same.

hugs,
Kim

3 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh Kim, you surely have LOTS of goodies in your huge stash already , you will have many happy hours creating, also without buying new :-)
I guess I can too , lol.
Hugs and love
Dorthe

Fonda said...

I, on the other hand, succumbed to the almighty craft store hype. Actually, it was Tuesday Morning where I couldn't help myself and Simon Says Stamp was my online store. I *NEED* the whole collection of Distress Oxide ink pads and inkers. My Distress ink/inker is complete.

Jewels said...

I was in Michaels on the weekend and had to put the blinders on lol - all I needed was a kneader eraser but boy it was tempting to check everything else out especially with the sales. Good for you for staying strong :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...