Friday, March 15, 2024

Friday Take Five: #1

 

The five items:
purple scrapbook paper
mini Paper Dolls by Tim Holtz
German Dresden gold foil
stack of mini ephemera
6 layered butterflies
The scrapbook paper is very light weight,
so I allowed myself a little more than 5 items 
by using some throw away bases.

I grabbed a bag I keep of clothing tags,
their bulb pins and string,
 and chipboard pieces that I will never use "as is,"

To challenge myself further,
I committed to using all of the layered butterflies,
which have been in my stash for years.
Here's what came out of a couple hours of playtime,
a sweet collection of tags and tucks for an upcoming journal.

I used an over the waistband tag 
to create a little flip notepad,
and a folded hangtag 
was transformed into a mini file folder.

The two pieces at bottom left
are chipboard pieces,
while everything else was created
using clothing tags.

There was even a ball chain in the bag.
It was silver,
which didn't go with my aesthetic,
so I used a little alcohol ink in antique gold 
to remedy the situation.

Bonus project:
I die cut all the paper scraps
to use as a background for a birthday greeting.

Mission accomplished!
I used all 6 butterflies!
These had 3 layers,
in order to stretch my materials,
I took a couple of them apart 
and used the layers separately.

Have a lovely weekend,
Bye for now!!!

hugs,
Kim

1 comment:

Junque Seeker said...

Loving everything - such a perfect use of tags and bits!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...