Attaching layers to a page.
This is the front cover,
but all pages are created using
the same basic technique.
- cut a piece of lace to fit the entire page -
I like to have the lace a little larger than the fabric base.
- cut more lace to layer -
I am using 2 layers of lace,
but there are no rules,
layer as many as you like.
- choose and cut your image -
I am using images from Paper Whimsy,
which I have printed onto fabric sheets.
I do not remove the paper backing from my images,
this is my personal preference,
it gives the image more body.
- cut a piece of felt or cotton batting
slightly larger that your image -
- cut a piece of netting or cheesecloth
approximately 1 inch larger on all sides
than your photo -
- stack the three elements as shown above,
- position your "stack" from the last step
onto your page -
- for the next step,
be sure to open your book flat,
there should only be one fabric page under your collage -
- take the flat book to the sewing machine,
stitch around the photo image -
All of your layers are now one.
- use a heat tool to slightly melt the netting layer -
(cheesecloth will not melt)
- melting the netting adds more texture to the piece -
- secure floppy lace edges,
sew buttons or other embellishments through all layers -
- hand sew other embellishments to your page -
I will be sharing tips on finishing the back of the page.
Please leave questions as a comment,
and I will respond in the comment section.
enJOY Your Blessings,