Monday, January 28, 2019

One Beautiful Weekend!

I shared with you all that my Mr. AJS and I were
hosting an engagement party
for our son and future daughter-in-law.
We put together a very laid back
afternoon with the happy couple and the people closest to them,
so the two families can get to know each other over sandwiches and cake.

 ...and then this happened... 

They surprised everyone by getting married in our back yard.

No one knew,
and I mean NO ONE!

The love was palpable.

There wasn't a dry eye to be seen.

This is so them,
simplicity and love.

Our family and hearts grew by one yesterday!
(and yes, we wore blue jeans to our son's wedding)

Allow me to introduce
(through teary eyes)
the newest
Mr. & Mrs. Laws!

hugs,
Kim

8 comments:

The Junque Seeker said...

Congrats to all! This is awesome - so much less stressful, and a fun surprise.

rush said...

Congratulations!

Dorthe said...

Ohhh my dear Kim , CONGRATULATIONS , what a romantic story and wedding- and yes so simple and with the important part of marriage in center- LOVE -
They look beautiful and happy, and so fun that you are there in blue-jeans on your sons wedding . Such a wonderful photo, and must have been an awsome day for all of you .
Big hugs and happy smiles for you . xxxxxxx Dorthe

Marilyn McLeod @ Pink Paper Cottage said...

Wow... that's the way to do it! Great idea! Saved so much stress and losing track of the real reason for the engagement... so much joy there.. I can see it! My son is engaged and it sounds like something he and his fiance would do! Congrats to you and your family! Marilyn

Dinahsoar said...

Oh my word, how awesome! It brought tears to my eyes b/c I love how simply perfect it was, doing a wedding like this.

Jewels said...

How wonderful! And so sweet to see. Thank you for sharing. It must have been a fantastic day for everyone. Congratulations!

Createology said...

Congratulations and WOW! What a wonderful surprise for your entire family. These are Priceless memories!

jeanniemc said...

Such a romantic idea! Congratulations to all the families!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...